Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Destination Getaways

The Champagne Bar at Le Sirenuse, in Positano.
 
I've been feeling restless for a getaway with spring around the corner. The Texas weather here has been teasing me with a few days of warmth and sunshine, and then going back to being chilly and cloudy.
 
For right now I'll just have to oohh and aahh at these beautiful sunshiny getaway destinations, and maybe a few that would cause some screams. . . .

 
Taha'a Island, French Polynesia. Can't you just imagine yourself waving hello to the camera from one of the huts?
French Polynesia. Add that to my bucket list, please.
 
Walking to the Statue of Buddha.
  Leshan, Sechuan, China
 
Roller coaster in Yokohama, Japan
Yokohama, Japan. Zoinks!
 
Fort de Saint John the Baptist Berlenga Island Portugal.
Fuerte de San John the Baptist en la isla de Berlenga. Foto de archivo - 5405344
 
Water slide in Sicily, Italy
This exists! (Sicily, Italy)
 
Spring Pool, Cenote - Chichen-Itza, Mexico.
Cenote - Chichen-Itza, Mexico.
 
Longest water slide in the world at 135 feet in Brazil.
I have gone skydiving and bungee jumping but THIS looks scary! I think someone would have to give me a little push at the top as I scream all the way down.
Brazil now has the biggest water slide in the world
 
Brazil now has the biggest water slide in the world
 
St. Louis City Museum, seven story slide!
architecture / city museum (st louis) seven story slide.
 
And of course a fairy tale castle.
Lichtenstein Castle, Baden-Wurttemburg, Germany. 
 
 
P.S. First photo: The Champagne Bar at Le Sirenuse, in Positano.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, man! Theses places are BEAUTIFUL! I have actually been to the Lichtenstein Castle in Germany. It is as wonderous as it looks in the picture. I'm definitely going to put the other places on my "To Do List" and hopefully, I'll see a few of them before I have no more "to do lists" to worry about. Thanks! Please keep your posts coming.

    ReplyDelete