Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Inspiration

I find myself to be a pretty creative person, but everyday life of working, laundry, dishes (alright, that part the hubby usually does) and letting your fat cat take a nap on you, it well . . . . gets in the way sometimes. Which takes me to my New Year's resolution this year to be more creative. I've set my goal of at least 4 3 2, okay 3 projects each month. Photography, refurbishing furniture, crafts, decorations, you name it. I might even throw some cooking in there.

Count this as project #1.

I'm feeling inspired this week. It may be because I had a 4 day weekend . . .  just maybe ;)  I've been wanting a new camera for a while now that would take better pictures than my little compact camera and for Christmas my wonderful husband bought me one. I've always loved photography, especially old black and white photos. You could call my family growing up photographaholics (yes, I just made up that word). I took a few darkroom photography classes back in the day and like a typical teenager, plastered my bedroom walls with magazine pictures. Okay . . . yes, sometimes it was because there was a cute male model/actor in the picture, but most of the pictures were ripped out and hung because I just loved the photo. Fashion shoots in the rain forest with every color of green imaginable, layers of different textured fabric and modern day made-up Audrey Hepburn with just the right lighting. Now that I'm older I find myself repeating this behavior, only this time I'm collecting wonderful old family pictures and taking photos with new memories. The photos are stored in my closet waiting to be framed and cover my living room wall.

So, I was perusing the Internet looking at different sites and came across a blog called, Mila's Daydreams by Adele Enersen, who lives in Finland. While on maternity leave she started taking pictures of her baby during her naps and created daydreams scenes around the baby. These photos are too cute and instantly got me itching for a project.


Photos by Adele Enersen
While looking at other related links I found photographer Jan Von Hollenben's website. "Inspired by classic childhood books as well as modern superheroes, he has produced ‘Dreams of Flying’ since 2002 with children from his local neighborhood in Southwest Germany." 



Photos by Jan Von Hollenben
It all looked so fun! Sooo, with being truly inspired and going along with my resolution of doing more creative projects this year, I talked my husband into doing a couple of scenes with me. I'm calling them "Quality Time".


 




Photos by Elizabeth Loosle Armstrong
These were fun to do, mostly because we were feeling like giants trying to contort our bodies into these little scenes. I'm going to try a few more this year now that I know a little more of the tricks to taking these photos, so stay tuned. I thought I would leave you with this fun video. Hope you are having a great day :)

1 comment:

  1. Liz these are awesome!!!! I just saw the ones with the baby last week and loved them!!! Such a fun blog...can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete